Brightsider Art

Art and photography by Helen

Wednesday, March 08, 2006




This is the first thing that I've drawn that actually looks like the object it's supposed to be :) These are my favourite pair of shoes, they're so comfortable and give my slightly dodgy feet the right support.

I drew this using my favourite pen, a Pilot mini fountain pen. Unfortunately the dog chewed it today and I'm going to have to order another from America as it's beyond repair. That's really annoying as I like working in ink. I have however ordered a couple of Kuretake drawing pens from Blots Pens. These are waterproof, so I can use my water soluable pencils to wash over my drawings for a bit of colour.

I scanned the drawing from my journal into Photoshop, and then removed the lines (why I'm drawing in a lined writing journal I'm not entirely sure). I coloured it in, I quite like the cartoony look. I might try giving it some shadows/highlights, I'm not sure.

3 Comments:

Blogger "Maggie & Kevin" said...

Wonderful shoe illustration and the colors work so nicely!

4:19 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

That's a really nice illustration and the foreshortening is great.

10:03 pm  
Blogger maethebear said...

hey this shoe is good[like th writin too].i like ur drawings of everyday things and thanks for lettin me know danny gregory and nina johansson exist.ppl should be less snobby about art and just do it.

10:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home