Brightsider Art

Art and photography by Helen

Thursday, March 09, 2006



We bought this little Kodak digital camera to take away on holiday with us. I tend to take my big old Hasselblad and shoot landscapes, and Russ moans that we don't have any "holiday snaps". So he's going to be in charge of documenting our trip to California with this little camera :)

It's drawn with a Stabilo fine marker onto bog standard drawing paper. I'm not happy with the angle of the lens, it was really difficult to properly see the angle of the oval, all the time my brain was screaming "it's round!", so it's come out a bit too flat looking. I decided to experiment with crosshatching for shading, it was quite theraputic to put all of the lines in, but I don't think I'd want to do that on a larger drawing! It was an interesting experiment anyway.

I've ordered some really nice supplies- a proper sketching journal (so that the ink doesn't run through) as well as a couple of waterproof pens and a special water brush pen to use while we're away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home