Brightsider Art

Art and photography by Helen

Friday, March 10, 2006



Illustration Friday
Here's a butterfly I drew for an origami project, which is why it's triangular. It's a Monarch butterfly- you don't normally get them over here in the UK, but sometimes the jet stream pulls them across from America. That's an amazing journey for something so small and delicate.

I drew the outlines in Illustrator and then added the colour in Photoshop. I really enjoyed drawing the "stained glass" effect wings.

Please note- the Illustration Friday topic rolled over as I was posting my link on their site- that's what comes of time differences I suppose. Sorry if you thought this was going to be a tattoo! Now I feel really stoopid- my first go and I mess it up :(


11 Comments:

Blogger FlipFlopGirl said...

You are fine! It's a lovely illustration, and Melissa is right - it would make a really cool tattoo. Maybe across soemone's upper or lower back! :-)

1:20 pm  
Blogger georg said...

Hi - welcome! It's ok with the butterfly - sometimes I can see, that somebody comes too late, but when the next IF-word comes, we can see the IF-illo the week before - or yet older. And - you are not the only one's too late..

Nice illo. I like it - lovely. And I think melissa & flipflopgirl are quite right - it's a fine tattoo!

1:32 pm  
Blogger Fill said...

No worries - just do a tattoo illustration now! :-)

Nice butterly

2:19 pm  
Blogger Ms Eva said...

Great job! I agree, it would be a great tattto. :) Besides, better late than never, I'd say. :)

3:26 pm  
Blogger Patrick said...

Great work- love the symmetry! Great colors as well! Glad to see you took a shot at the I.F. thing- looking forward to seeing more!!

4:57 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Beautiful work ! Very clean design.

stevePoisonPencil

6:05 pm  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

It is very very lovely.

6:27 pm  
Blogger JaKo said...

Who said it cannot be a tatoo ? Actually , it will be a nice one !
Good job anyway !

6:57 pm  
Blogger TXArtcGal said...

Welcome to Illustration Friday! Very nice butterfly...love the colors! I also checked out your shoe below...AWESOME!!! I look forward to see more of your artwork!...again...welcome!

8:37 pm  
Blogger giles said...

Cool Monarch :)

http://www.choble.com

9:53 pm  
Blogger Michael O'Connell said...

no need to feel stupid… not with such a great illustration… well done!

http://mocando.blogspot.com/

3:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home