Brightsider Art

Art and photography by Helen

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Here's the last one for today! This is a walnut ring box made by woodworker Stephen Boone, who is the son of one of my favourite online friends. Stephen and his wife Gwen are wonderful, and I highly recommend using Stephen for any custom woodworking projects. The box is just gorgeous, I absolutely adore it! I keep picking it up and looking at it, feeling the texture and grain of the walnut. It's already one of my most treasured possessions and I'm really looking forward to using it in our wedding.



As well as woodworking, Stephen is also a very talented artist. Have a look at the Chinese brush paintings on his website, they're really beautiful. He makes capturing the essence of a flower in just a few brush strokes look effortless.

3 Comments:

Blogger HARDWAX said...

Pretty box, you depict it so skillfully

12:58 am  
Blogger Desiree's Designs said...

Very nice Helen, I enjoy looking at your sketches. When you post you should enter your blog like this http://brightsiderart.blogspot.com
and eliminate the www so that is shows up as a link that we can click on and get to your blog instantly.

11:29 pm  
Blogger Lin said...

LOVELY BOX and LOVELY sketch!

2:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home